Maharashtra Board HSC Political Science Program 2023: This article collects the theoretical content as well as the internal assessment checklist of the latest political science curriculum of the Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education.
Maharashtra Board HSC Political Science Program 2023: This article collects the contents of the latest Political Science syllabus from Maharashtra State Board of Secondary & Higher Secondary Education class 12th. The syllabus includes the theoretical content as well as the internal evaluation list.
Political science covers topics such as freedom, equality, justice, human rights, the state, the nation as well as international relations, global security, world change, globalization, OBC politics, regionalism, communalism and social movements. Governance – is one of the major themes of this topic.
Introducing this crucial course to young upper secondary students aims to:
- Create and develop students’ interest in political science as an important social science.
- To introduce students to the relationship of political science to social life, introduce political science to social life, introduce various concepts of political science and their importance.
- Raising awareness of human rights and their violations. To introduce students to international organizations and the changing context of global politics.
- To introduce students to the economic, social and cultural effects of globalization in India.
- Make students aware of the fundamental rights necessary for the overall development of individuals.
- To introduce students to the changing nature of the legislature, executive and judiciary.
- Explain to students the changing nature of party competition in India and its effects on Indian politics.
- To introduce students to various social political movements in India and new trends in Indian politics based on caste, religion and language.
See below for the latest program content. The link to download Maharashtra Board HSC Political Science Syllabus 2023 is towards the end.
Maharashtra Council HSC Political Science Program 2023
- Indian Constitution: Characteristics
- Fundamental rights, guiding principles and fundamental duties.
- Legislative: Parliament.
Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha, Law Making Process, Amendment Procedure State Legislature: Vidhan Sabha, Vidhan Parishad
- Executive: Union executive:
President – Election, power and functions
Vice President – Election, Power and Duties
Prime Minister and Council of Ministers – Election, collective responsibility and role of the Prime Minister
State Executive – Governor, Chief Minister and Council of – Ministers.
- Judiciary: Introduction, composition
A) Supreme Court: Introduction, Composition, Power and Function
B) High Court: Composition, Power and Function
C) Subordinate Court, Lok Nyayalaya
D) Independence of the judiciary
Politics in India
- Models of party competition
i) Dominant one-party system
ii) Towards a multiparty system
7. Political and social movements
i) Nature of the social movement
ii) Role of movements in the democratic system
iii) Examples of movements
iv) Farmers, etc.
8. New Trends in Indian Politics
i) Changing the relationship between caste and politics – OBC Politics
ii) Regionalism and the growing importance of states
iii) Growing importance of religion in Indian politics.
Internal assessment –
i) Field visit
iv) Cutting of newspapers
v) Book review
All my wishes!